I’m already done with my cross stitch that I started last week. I really hadn’t intended to finish it up so fast but I didn’t have anything else to do over the weekend.
So here’s the finished piece. It looked better in my head, and Photoshop, than in person and it looks a lot better in person than the picture. I think it’s good, though. I’m not entirely happy with the antlers, I wish they were thinner, but they look fine. If anyone is interested in the chart you can get it right here and I’ll try to put a link to it in the sidebar or something, too. I used DMC 435 and DMC 501, double stranded in the pattered areas and single on the backstitch. My original plan was to do the backstitch in black but I’m happy I went with the other color, I don’t think black would have looked as good. The finished piece is about six inches wide by seven or eight inches tall and I used 18 count Aida but I think it would look good on linen, too. It might even be better on linen. Back when WalMart stopped carrying embroidery supplies I bought a bunch of Aida and I can’t find any of it, this was the only bit of it that I have and I have no idea what happened to the rest, I guess I lost it when I repainted my room a few years ago.
So now I’m back to not having any projects going and since I can’t afford to buy anything, I’ll have to dig something up. I just have no desire to knit right now and I haven’t since about May. I think this is the longest I’ve gone without knitting since I started in 2000. What I need to do is get my wheel out and finish up the Shetland I started spinning last year at this time but I really don’t feel like doing that either.
Yesterday market my tenth year blogging here. It’s been fun even if I just haven’t been too into it the past year. I guess I finally need to rethink some things and get my motivation back.