1. I’ve been extremely un-motivated and not really doing anything the past weeks. I need to stop that.
2. I actually knit something and finished it. It’s a vest, made out of Peace Fleece Worsted. It’s on Ravelry here.
3. I’m doing the Leethal Twitter Mystery Knit-a-long. I’m bad at these things, I never talk to anyone else who is doing it and I don’t post my progress photos. She’s been putting up one line of the pattern every day but I’ve just been doing the whole week on Saturday. That’s it below.
4. I saw the transit of Venus. It was pretty cool.
5. I’m on another friendship bracelet making kick. I also made some earrings.
6. I’m making ginger beer with a recipe from the book Can It, Bottle It, Smoke It: and Other Kitchen Projects by Karen Solomon. I don’t think I let the starter sit long enough, or something, it doesn’t seem to be getting fizzy.
7. I’ve been marathoning TV shows like crazy. First, I tried watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I was working nights when it originally aired so I missed it, but I thought it was kind of boring. I only made it through four episodes, maybe I’ll come back to it later. Then it was True Blood, I watched all four seasons in six days (new season starts Sunday!). Next was Falling Skies, since I didn’t really pay attention when I watched it before, it was better than I remember. Then I watched Shameless, I kept hearing how good it was and, I have to say, it’s now one of my favorite shows and I can’t believe I have to wait a year for new episodes. I’ve watched a couple episodes of Six Feet Under but it’s not really catching my attention. Here in a few weeks I’m going to re-watch Breaking Bad since the new season starts on July 15.
It’s funny, I don’t watch a lot TV, I just can’t sit and watch something for 30 minutes or an hour without falling asleep, but I will watch 15 or 20 hours of one show in two days with no problem, it’s like a really long movie. I normally don’t watch TV like this, but I was sick when I watched True Blood and everything else I’ve watched either in the background while I was doing other things or at night while I was winding down before bed.
And that is it. I did some weaving but I’ll write about it later, I can’t find the pictures I took.