I procrastinated taking pictures today and missed the light, it’s getting cloudy and a little dark so this didn’t come out good, but you get the idea. I finished the first sleeve a couple nights ago and started the second last night. I ended up kind of winging the first sleeve, I knew I wanted it to taper towards the bottom by an inch or so, so I decreased two stitches each row every eighteen (or so, I think I missed a couple) rows until it was the length I wanted and then did three rows of garter and cast off. The sleeve fits just how I wanted, the width is great and it is just long enough that I can pull my hands up in the cuffs to stay warm (since I never have a pair of mittens or gloves when I need them). I think I’ll be pretty happy with the sweater when it’s done.
During the day, when I’ve had some free time, I’ve been spinning again on the yarn for my mom’s scarf. I’m about done with the third bobbin of singles and then I’ll finally be able to start plying. I’m really enjoying the fiber, it’s a local Ramboillet/Llama mix and it’s buttery soft, a little fuzzy, and full of VM, which is my only complaint. I’ve had to put a towel on my lap when I spin to catch all the grass and hay that falls out of it but the VM is worth all the trouble, the yarn is going to be so soft. I just hope the scarf turns out good.