My little New Year’s Eve treat, some Tortuga Mango rum with a little orange juice, it’s yummy. I’m home alone tonight which is depressing but I’ll live. I’ll have my one mixed drink and then some cheese cake and that will be good enough.
This is also my last picture for Project365. I didn’t quite make my goal of a photo a day, I missed around ten, but that’s pretty good, better than I expected. I don’t think I’ll do it again, even though I’ll miss it, but I do think I’ll do some once a week project, maybe a self portrait a week or something. I’ll think about it this weekend.
Anyway, I’ve been thinking about the coming year and some things I want to accomplish. I never make resolutions because I get bored with them and give up but I don’t think there’s anything wrong with making a few realistic goals. Here’s what I’ve been thinking about:
- I need to declutter on so many (not just physical) levels. I have to work through some of my personality self-esteemy issues and I really need to clean out my (physical, bedroom) closet. I have a ton of clothes that will be going to Goodwill and a bunch of crap that I need to just pitch. I’m a terrible packrat and I have to stop it, this stuff is weighing me down (in a spiritual and physical way).
- I need to get back in the habit of working out again and not in the obsessive beat myself up way that I did in 2007. I’ve been feeling really tired and sluggish and I know that getting back in to either walking or running (I’d love to try out the couch to 5k thing but I don’t know if my injured foot can handle that right now) and doing yoga again. I haven’t had any time for exercising regularly since mid-October and I miss it. My weight has been creeping back up but that really doesn’t bother me, I don’t care, I’ll always be fat but I’m starting to feel out of shape and my muscles are tight and that I can work on.
- Get better at the ukulele. This is just something to give me a break from all the knitting that I’ve been doing for work. I’ll be ordering my new uke in a few weeks and I’d really like to be able to play good enough that I feel comfortable playing in front of people.
- Get a loom and weave. I’ve had plans to get a rigid heddle loom for years and I’m doing it this year. I need to branch out some, explore some other avenues with my crafting, especially since I’ve started knitting as a job. I love knitting for KnitPicks but sometimes after knitting on a project for them all day I want to do something else for myself. Weaving seems like a good break and it will give me something else to do with my handspun.
- Spin more. Make another quilt. Knit a fair isle sweater, something I’ve wanted to do for a long time but haven’t. Block Irtfa’a. Do more comissioned knitting. Look in to going back to school.
That seems like a managable set of goals. I’m working on most of it already, so I guess I just need to keep at it a little more. I really want this to be a good year, a year where things actually start looking up instead of more of the same.
Happy New Year!