My socks are done, just in time. I finished these on either Friday or Saturday but I just haven’t had a chance to blog about them until now. I’m just insanely happy with these socks, the color is so bright and happy, which is great right now while it’s cold and dark inside. They’re very comfortable, too, the yarn is soft and the fabric is stretchy and a little thin. I think I’ll get a lot of wear out of them.
- Pattern: Simplicity by Janel Laidman from The Eclectic Sole
- Yarn: Lion Brand Sock Ease in Lemon Drop
- Needles: US1 KnitPicks classic circular, magic loop
- Modifications: I made my leg a couple repeats longer than the pattern. The pattern makes an anklet and I wanted taller socks.
- Thoughts: Love. Really. The pattern is very easy to follow (and well written, as are all the patterns in the book). The ribbing is nice and stretchy and the eyelets give a little interest. I love the ribbed heel, it makes the heel fit nice and snug.
- See them on Ravelry here.
I actually have other things to blog about this week, too. I’ve been doing more kumihimo, crocheting, knitting, dog sitting (which is why I haven’t had any free time). Amazingly enough I do not a project on the needles right now and it’s totally freaking me out. But all that will have to wait for later, I need to do a bit of cleaning and make some coffee now.